Thursday, August 30, 2007

5 Year Anniversary

Well, today was a very busy day. We took Murphy to his last day at his daycare. Even though I know he's going to be very happy at the new place, I felt kind of sad. Although I will not miss the drive, I'll tell you that.

Then we went to her helmet appointment. That went fine. Unfortunately I am paying for a mistake I made last week. She's supposed to wear her helmet 23 hours a day. Well, while she was in the hospital this last time, I put it on and just didn't take it off - for like 3 days! Once she got the n-j tube, we put the tube in the velcro strap to keep her from grabbing it. So, once we did that, I just didn't take it off. Well, when I finally did remove it, she had an abrasion over her left eye. Oops. So I had to leave it off to let that heal. Hopefully I can put it back on tomorrow.

After that, we went to her GI appointment. As is very common with my appointments with MCV/VCU docs, an intern comes in to chat first. They ask a gazillion questions and it takes forever. Then they go tell the doc and then the doc comes in and you have to repeat a bunch of it. Well, it made me so mad last time we went to see the GI doc. I have spent countless hours talking to every kind of doctor at every level. Quite frankly, I'm tired of it. So, when the intern came in to ask us politely if he could ask us some questions, I told him no.

I joked with Brandy that I should tell him I charge a fee to "train" new docs. But, I didn't. I told him that Harlie is just too complicated and I just don't have the energy today. Just come in with the doc and I'll tell you both at the same time. Once the doc came in, and we started talking about everything, I think the intern understood. I don't really have the time or energy to talk about the details of the GI appointment. I'll have to write that one later.

Then we went to see the pediatrician. That was okay I guess. Harlie is sick again, maybe its just a cold. But, unfortunately, she's back on O2 and she had to have it all last night, and all day today. It's a bummer. But hopefully it is just that she's sick and nothing more serious than that.

Well, tomorrow is our 5 year wedding anniversary. Hard to believe. Seems like it has flown by. We're not sure what we're going to do yet. I guess it's kinda hard to plan too much in advance.

Well, it is late, so I'm going to sign off now. Thank you again for thinking of us and for cheering us on.

Take care,

No comments: