Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Day 8 - Home Sweet Home!

Ahhhh...finally we are home!

Last night they took x-rays at 11pm. Sometime in the wee hours of the night, a doc came to tell me that they wanted to take more x-rays in the morning. The surgery team rounded at 6am, nothing new to add. Just that if the next x-rays showed no increase in air, then we could go home. They took x-rays at 7am. I think it was about 10:30 when we got the word that we could leave. Went over paperwork, got all loaded up and we were on the road by 11:30.

It is so nice to be home again. When we're gone, I just completely shut out any thoughts of home. Then when I get home it is so wonderful. Harlie is doing okay. She hasn't slept much, but that's probably the excitement of being home. Hopefully she'll have a good night tonight. She's on breathing treatments every 4 hours. That's going to get old pretty fast. Hopefully in a few weeks, the frequency will decrease.

Well, I am ready to get some sleep in my own bed. I added some more photos from the past few days. Thank you for all your support, prayers, words of encouragement, etc. This was a tough surgery and a tough week for us and I really appreciate everything.

A special thanks to:
Todd, Lindsey and Olivia for bringing us dinner tonight.
Heather and Stefanie - Harlie loved the cheetah (leopard, tiger, whatever it is) and her balloon. Kristie, Dave, Nathan and Tayne - that candy bouquet was (note the past tense) the coolest thing ever. Seriously, I loved it.
Mom and Mary Ann - thanks for everything.

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...