Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Still home!

Well, it's been more than 24 hours now, and we're still home. So far, so good! Our night nurse went upstairs to do vitals and came back downstairs with this funny little smile. She said, "her respirations are 44." Harlie's normal respiration rate (the number of breaths you take in a minute) is usually in the 80's. What a difference!!!! She has to feel better with that kind of change.

We had physical therapy today. We thought she did just great - especially considering all she's been through in the last two weeks! I really think she is SO close to sitting up on her own. She is definitely learning how to balance herself. I just can't wait! I need to start working with her every single time I'm picking her up - teaching her how to transition herself from sitting to laying down and the other way around. What a change that will be when she can do all that stuff by herself.

Well, tomorrow is a very busy day. We have three appointments! (helmet adjustment, GI, and pediatrician). That's it for tonight. I hope you are all doing well.

Take care,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...