Sunday, August 5, 2007

Quick Update

The past few days have been pretty busy with just normal life stuff. Which is a nice change. We changed Murphy's daycare to part-time, so I keep him home 2 days a week. That really makes the week fly by. I want to spend some quality time with him before going to DC for Harlie's surgery. And Harlie takes up so much of my time, I think it is important for him and I to get out and have fun.

Harlie had another helmet appointment on Thursday. We are all really pleased with her progress there. We will have one more appointment next week before going to DC. I really hope there won't be a problem with her wearing it in the hospital. I'm sure they will want it off for surgery and the initial recovery, but hopefully after that, they will be okay with it. At this point, it will kill me to see her laying on her back without the helmet on. We've come so far, I don't want anything to stand in our way.

Oh, on Friday, we (Tom, Murphy, Harlie and I) went to Karen and Jamie's house for dinner. Their daughter is Jameson, who I've mentioned before. (Jameson is going through the same heart surgeries that Harlie is). It was so funny to see the two of them together. I was so mad I didn't bring my camera. But, we will get them together again and I'll get some pics and post them. Anyway, we had a great time. It was so nice to get out as a family. It happens so rarely that it always feels wonderful. So, thanks Karen and Jamie for having us over!

Well, today I worked at Mountcastle Homes for the first time since I went on bedrest last September. They needed someone to cover the office, so I went in. It was really weird, but nice, too. It was nice to relax for a few hours. haha

Well, it is late. I hope you are all well.

Take care,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...