Thursday, March 15, 2007

One more night...hopefully

Well, hopefully we'll be out of here Friday night. It will most likely be a late discharge, but I don't care. Better than being discharged at 4pm (b/c of traffic).

So far, nothing is growing in her blood - which is great. However, there seems to be something growing from her trach cultures. And I can tell. She had a bad night last night. I had to get up to suction her 4 or 5 times (which is a lot for her - and for me!!!) To me she sounds really wet. They are going to put her on oral antibotics (well, through her g-tube). But they said they will let us go home with that.

The hardest thing about my stay here is having to ask for the same things, over and over again. I have to ask every nurse after every shift change, and really it is stuff I shouldn't even have to ask for. Last night, the last thing I said to her night nurse was to please watch her inhalation bottle - please don't let it go empty b/c that will dry her out and make things worse (duh, for people who are trained on trach care). Do you know that when I woke up this morning - the bottle was EMPTY?!?!!? And there were NONE there ready. So a different nurse had to page a respiratory therapist to come and do it. It took over 30 MINUTES!!!!!! Well, I have to stop now, b/c I could go on and on. And Harlie is up there by herself which totally freaks me out. I hope you are all well.

Take care,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...