Wednesday, March 7, 2007

1st Day Post-Op

Well, she looks pretty good today. Definitely getting that swollen look. They are giving her lasix to start helping her to get rid of that extra fluid. She certainly is pink - so pink, in fact, that she looks red to me!

She's already starting to move around and kick her legs. She even opened her eyes and looked around. She's grimmaced a couple of times, but other than that looks fairly comfortable. As long as she is asleep, I am fine. When she starts to wake up, I think that's when it will become much more difficult for us.

We spoke with ENT today and they are taking her back into the OR this afternoon to re-do her tracheostomy. They had to close it for her surgery yesterday. They will determine if she needs a larger trach size. They are working her in today, so we don't know what time that will be.

They have weaned her down to 30% oxygen (21% is room air) from 60% yesterday. But, that doesn't really mean much considering she'll be back in the OR this afternoon. So, that process will have to start over after that. It is really weird to be back here. But I have to say that it is SO much better to be here NOT post-partum!!! Looking back, I don't know how I did it.

Well, I'll provide more updates as I can. As always, thank you for your support.
Love, Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...