Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Change of Plans

Hi. Just a quick update as it is very late. Unfortunately, as much as I am ready to come home, Harlie isn't. She spiked a fever and that means they have to run all these tests. It takes 2 days for the test results to come back. We can only leave after the results come back okay. So, the earliest would be Thursday. They are afraid that since she was on Tylenol around the clock, it masked something. Since today was the first day she didn't get Tylenol (due to a nursing/communication error) it finally appeared. So, I guess we got lucky for that. They put her on antibotics and we'll see what happens.

I am so disappointed. I know setbacks are common, but it still really stinks. Hopefully it is nothing serious. Although I was really happy to see them come running to take care of her. She was about to get moved to the Heart and Kidney unit, but now they will keep her in PICU. Yesterday I said I started to feel really lucky to have some of these experiences. Well, I've changed my mind. Now I think everyone with healthy kids should take a moment to think about how lucky you are! I will be the mom at playgroup saying "don't bother me unless it's life threatening". And I'll mean it. No, I'm just kidding of course. Well, I need to get to bed.

Talk to you later.
-Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...