Monday, March 12, 2007

Monday

Well, ENT came in this morning and changed her trach. All looks good with that. So, they said we should be able to leave tomorrow. They just want to watch her for 24 hours after the initial trach change to make sure everything is okay.

Harlie looks just great. She is all smiles. I was chatting with her nurse yesterday about that. I told her that sometimes I actually worry about how little she fusses. That just doesn't seem normal to me. She said that babies that have been through what she has get pretty tough and tolerant. The nurse also shared her personal experiences with me. She lost her first two children to a very rare syndrome (Fryns Syndrome). One at one year old and the other at 2 hours old. I feel like I've entered a whole new world since having Harlie. I would never be exposed to any of this had she been perfectly "normal". I can honestly say that I am really starting to feel lucky. The greatest thing is that I have learned that parents with special needs children have to learn to look at everything as the glass is half full. Not a bad way to live, huh?

Anyway, I can't wait to get her home. I am so over this hospital stay - and it has only been one week. I don't know how I did this for so long last time! So, hopefully today and tonight will be nice and boring and then we can head back home. I hope you are all well.

As always, thank you for your support!!!
Love,Christy xoxo

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...