Thursday, October 26, 2006

Short one

Well, Harlie had a good day. She seemed very comfortable and slept a lot. Regarding her weight...I was told that because of her heart defects, her heart is having to work harder than it should. Which means that she burns more calories. That explains why she was so tiny and they told me to pretty much expect that she will be a more petite baby - at least until her heart surgeries are behind her.

But, they are going to get us a growth chart plan or something for her so we know what to expect. And they might look at other options to get her more calories. So, we'll know more later.

Well, to add to our currently hectic lives...I had to take Wendy (my fat cat) to the emergency vet tonight. She is pretty sick, and, technically not fat anymore. Her back legs gave out on her and she couldn't walk. The vet said that she is jaundiced and dehydrated. So, they are keeping her tonight and running some tests. Hopefully they will be able to let me know something by morning.

Well, it is late and Tom and I need to get on the road early tomorrow, so I need to cut this one short. I should have more info in the next few days.

Talk to you soon,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...