Monday, October 23, 2006

My first trach change

Well, I had a big accomplishment today. I changed her trach.

I am very proud of myself. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Now don't get me wrong - it is definitely unsettling - but I learned that we can do this.

For those of you that don't know what I mean by "changed her trach"... it means I took out the tube that allows her to breathe from the hole in her throat, and put a new one in. It is kinda scary. So, for me, today was a big day.

I think I have now done everything at least once. No news on a discharge date or discharge plans. I think they are still working on getting all the equipment straight. We need to get the equipment and supplies delivered, set up in her room, and get trained on it all before we can bring her home. So, I don't see it happening this week. Maybe next.

Well, today was a long day and it is late, so I have to make this one short. I hope you are all well. Talk to you soon,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...