Monday, October 30, 2006

Home Stretch

Harlie was awake a lot today. I am anxious to see her act more like a normal baby. I spoke to the nutritionist today and they are upping the concentration of her milk from 24 calories per ounce to 27. Hopefully that will help her put on some weight. I also found out that we can start to try to feed her by mouth this week. We had to wait because one of the things that goes with what she has is a T-E Fistula. That is when there is a connection or bridge between the esophagus and trachea. And when you swallow, it can go into the trachea, which is bad. But I was told that she does not have one, which is great. I am really hoping that she can eat by mouth without any problems. I know that it will be a gradual change - I don't think she has the energy to feed normally yet. But, it would be really nice to remove the feeding tube soon - anything to make things more normal. Plus, they can develop oral aversions when they don't eat by mouth.

So, we'll see how that goes.I must say that I cannot wait to be able to get up and not have to drive 2+ hours to see Harlie. I am SO over this commute. The mornings aren't so bad - it is the afternoons that kill.

Well, tomorrow night we are taking Murphy trick or treating for the first time. I hope he likes it. I'm sure that once he realizes he gets candy, he'll be all over it (just like his mama). Well, it's getting late. Have a Happy Halloween!!!

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...