Wednesday, October 25, 2006

One month old!

So, one month has gone by. I'm not sure if I think it has gone by really fast, or really slow. I held her for a while yesterday and she was awake most of the time. It is really nice to see both her eyes open and alert. I am a little disappointed at her weight gain. She needs some fat on those bones! She seems to go up and down a few ounces, bouncing between 5.3 and 5.6. This morning's weight is 5.3, her birth weight.

They have a nutritionist who monitors that and they are fortifying her milk to make it have more calories. So, hopefully we'll start to see a steady rise soon.I spoke to the case manager yesterday. I think since we can't get her transferred closer to Richmond, we are going to try rooming in. They have a room right there in the NICU that is all set up for parents to sleep there and practice with their baby with the comfort of having nurses on hand. So, I think we are going to try to do that and then take her home as soon as we can (maybe next week). A lot depends on the equipment delivery, obviously. She still has some tests to go through, too. So, hopefully they will get them scheduled soon.

Well, I guess that's it for now. Talk to you soon,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...