Monday, May 21, 2007

Settling In

Well, it has been wonderful having Harlie home. It is taking me some time to get back into the swing of things. The weirdest thing is that I have to re-learn her “normals” and for the first time, try to establish a schedule for her. Prior to her heart surgery, she was so tired all the time, so she slept a lot. Now she has more energy, so I need to get us into a routine. It is so fun to watch her act like a baby. And it has been great watching Murphy and Harlie interact. Before her last heart surgery, there was no interaction at all. Now Murphy brings her toys and she takes them from him. She reached out to touch his face tonight and he loved it.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) we have an appointment with her pediatrician. After a lot of thought, I made the decision to change pediatricians. Tomorrow is our first appointment with him. So, we’ll see how that goes. The equipment company delivered our portable feeding pump today, so that’s good. Now we will be able to move her around a bit. Tomorrow, I will increase her per hour volume and reduce the number of hours from 24 to 22 per day. That way I can disconnect her for a couple of hours a day. Hopefully she will be able to tolerate that okay. Oh, I forgot to tell you that she is definitely allergic to Pampers diapers. Her rash was all better within one day of changing back to Huggies.

Well, that’s it for tonight. Thank you for all your support.

Take care,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...