Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

Just a quick one tonight - since my long entry was yesterday! Anyway, just wanted to say Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there. I hope you had a great one.

Well, I got the best Mother's Day present from Murphy today. He is officially potty trained!!! At 3:30AM he woke up and said, "Mommy, I have to go potty". It really was music to my ears. I can't believe how big he is getting. And can that boy talk!! Whew. I have no idea where he gets that from!

I want to give a special thank you to Barbara (a friend from Parker, Pollard and Brown). She came over and spent hours planting plants around our mailbox today. Everything out there had died and looked absolutley terrible and Tom and I just have not had the time or energy to get to it. It looks beautiful now! So, thank you Barbara!

Please keep your fingers crossed that all goes well and we can bring her home this week. I'll let you know what happens (of course!) Again, I hope all you mothers out there had a wonderful day. Oh, here's a poem that someone posted on the congenital heart defect support group. I thought it was sweet and thought I would share it with you.

Heaven's Very Special Child
A meeting was held quite far from Earth
It was time again for another birth.
Said the Angels to the Lord above --
"This special child will need much love.
Her progress may be very slow
Accomplishment she may not show.
And she'll require extra care
From the folks she meets down there.
She may not run or laugh or play.
Her thoughts may seem quite far away.
So many times she will be labeled'different' 'helpless' and disabled.
So, let's be careful where she's sent.
We want her life to be content.
Please, Lord, find the parents who
Will do a special job for you.
They will not realize right away
The leading role they are asked to play.
But with this child sent from above
Comes stronger faith, and richer love.
And soon they'll know the privilge given
In caring for their gift from heaven.
Their precious charge so meek and mild
is heaven's very special child."
-author unknown

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...