Thursday, May 24, 2007

Cardiologist appointment

Well, we went to the cardiologist today. That went well. He said that her chest tube site looked really good – especially for how long the chest tube was in (almost 6 weeks!). They did an echocardiogram, and all looks good with her heart. So far, so good as far as the effusion goes. We'll see him in another month.

We put Harlie in a high chair yesterday. I had to put a towel in the seat first because without it, she could barely see over the tray (she truly is the size of a 3 month old!). Anyway, once I put the towel in, she sat up higher and could bang toys on the tray and she LOVED it! Murphy brought her a balloon from his birthday party and she loved throwing that around, too. I got some good pics and will download them soon.

It was so nice to put her at the table with us during dinner. Murphy wanted to sit beside her. He asked where her spoon was. Oh well, it was just nice to have her with us. Hopefully we’ll be able to do more normal things as time goes on.

After our cardiologist appointment I took Harlie and Brandy home and then I went to my mom's surprise retirement party at Parker, Pollard and Brown. It was a GREAT party. They made a video for her that was hysterical. I thought it was a really good send-off for a great 35 years. Tom took Murphy to the bathroom and when he came back, Harry Pollard was giving a speech. Murphy busts in the room and says (very loud and proud), "Mama, I just went potty!" It was really funny. Well, it is late. Talk to you later.

Take care,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...