Friday, May 18, 2007

Possible discharge!

Well, today (Thursday) went really good, I think. Her x-rays showed an effusion (fluid build-up), which is not surprising. Now we just have to hope that the drainage has decreased to an amount that her body can tolerate. So, they will take another x-ray in the morning and if that looks okay, and she goes through the night with no problems, then....we get to go HOME!!! YAY!!!!The thought of being home again makes me giddy. But I have to admit - I am really going to miss some of Harlie's nurses. They were so great to Harlie and to me. It is amazing how attached you can get in 2 months.

Well, that's pretty much it for tonight. Hopefully all will go well tonight. My only reservation is that her respirations are high - 100 breaths per minute. Hopefully she will adjust to the fluid and things will equalize and if all goes as planned, the drainage will decrease and her respirations will slowly go back to her normal. But that should take days and hopefully we can get and stay home while that's happening. Well, thanks for your support. I hope you are all well!

Take care,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...