Saturday, April 28, 2007

Today is Tom's Birthday

Well, against my better judgment, I started to get my hopes up. They started the Portagen 2 days ago and she had very little drainage. But her x-rays on Friday showed more effusion, so that meant that her chest tube was probably clogged. So, today (Saturday) they had to change the chest tube and 40 mls drained. I think I heard them say that they are going to give her a week or two and if the drainage doesn't taper off, then her cardiologist is going to go back to her surgeon for more discussion. But, as you might have noticed, things change all the time, so who knows.

Despite the effusion, Friday was a good day for Harlie (and for me). She was so playful and it was so much fun to spend time with her. They let me hold her for 2 wonderful hours. I can't believe how much I missed holding her! I think I turned that emotion off during the past month. You should have seen her face when the nurse handed her to me. She was so excited to be out of bed and hanging out with her mama. It made my day.

Today is Tom's birthday. He is 34. Murphy is at my sister's house and my mom is with Harlie. So, we are going to a neighbor's party tonight. Then tomorrow we are going to have a small celebration here at our house. Well, that's about it for today. Thanks for everything.

Take care,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...