Wednesday, April 25, 2007

7 Months Old

So, Harlie is 7 months old today. She weighs 11 pounds, 8 ounces. So far, she has spent a total of 3 months in the hospital. This particular stay was 1 month yesterday. I am so ready to get her home so we can be a family again!!

She is cutting her first tooth, so that should be real interesting. I’m really not sure how that works with her underdeveloped jaw. Only time will tell I guess.

I spoke with her cardiologist yesterday and no word from the surgeon yet. They need to put in a permanent line regardless, so we talked about that. Basically, there are no good options. So, they had to weigh all the risk factors and make the decision that way. They decided that they are going to put it in her neck. With her trach ties and trach care, I am a bit nervous about it. But he said that it will go under her skin and it should be fine. I think the access to the line will be behind her ear or something. When I think of how much I am NOT looking forward to this I just remember that at least I will get to bring her home and that helps.

They don’t know when they are going to put in the line. They have to wait 48 hours from the last negative blood culture. So, it could be the end of this week or beginning of next considering she’s had a fever off and on for the past few days.

No word on when they are going to pull the chest tube out. Hopefully soon.She is in good spirits. She’s been more smiley and playful the past few days. Yesterday she sat in her bumbo seat for 1 hour and 20 minutes!! She did great! Her head control is really improving and I will be so happy when we don’t have to worry about that anymore!!!Well, that’s about it for now. Oh, I added some new pictures, so check them out when you get a chance. Well, thanks for checking in. I hope you are all well.

Take care,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...