Thursday, April 12, 2007

Infection

Hi. Well, I think Harlie is starting to feel better. She was smiling a lot more yesterday. It is so nice to have her smiling again! Her drainage has really decreased. They changed it to a water seal drain this morning. Then, at some point, whenever they think it’s time, they will go back to Portagen (that special kind of formula) to see what happens. They will watch the drainage to make sure that the chyle doesn’t leak again. If it doesn’t, great. If it does, well then we go back a few steps and try again later.

They are trying to wean her off the vent. So, we’ll see what happens there. Unfortunately, she has developed an infection in her blood. She has been battling a low-grade fever for the past few days. I told them that she usually runs lower than the average baby, so I thought a low-grade fever should be taken a bit more seriously in her case. They went on ahead and cultured her blood – and they found an infection. So, she’s back on big antibiotics through the IV. Hopefully, she’s enough post-op for this to be not that big a deal for her. And hopefully they caught it early enough that it won’t be severe. I haven’t talked to the doctors yet. I’ll let you know what I find out.

That’s about it for now. Thanks again for all your support. And thank you Marcy for your post on the guestbook!!! That is so thoughtful of you!

Take care,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...