Sunday, April 1, 2007

Sunday night

Well, we are still here in the PICU. I think she looks better tonight than she has in a while. She looks much more like herself and is very smiley again, which is so nice to see.

Our family and Brandy gave us a break this weekend. From Saturday morning to Sunday afternoon, she had someone with her at all times and Tom and I got to spend the weekend at home with Murphy. As much as I enjoyed our time together, it made coming back here that much harder. I really hope that we can have her home by Easter.

As far as a medical update, she is doing well, I think. They have taken x-rays everyday. They have not improved, but they haven't worsened, either, so that's good. I think they are leaning toward viral pneumonia which means it needs to run its course and antibiotics won't help. But I'm not completely sure on that.

They tried taking her off the vent Saturday, I believe, but she didn't do well. So, they are going to give her another day or so and try again. I guess they will keep on trying until she starts to tolerate it. Her respirations are still averaging near 100. I think they want that number to be closer to 50. So, we'll see what happens in the next few days. I know that I will be talking with all of her doctors tomorrow (Monday), so hopefully they'll have some more info to share with me. If anything comes up I will update this entry at the bottom.

Thank you for all your support and prayers. Talk to you soon,
-Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...