Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Holy Girl Scout Cookies!

So, last week the Girl Scout cookies arrived.  Lynda, our troop leader, and I went to some warehouse to sort all the cookies for the whole service unit.  If it wasn't so incredibly dorky - I would have taken some photos to show you just how many cookies we sorted.  It was nuts!  It took hours (like 8:30am to almost 2pm) and there were a lot of people there!

The next morning I went to Lynda's house to sort our troop's cookies for each girl scout.


Our Fearless Leader, Lynda.
I think we ordered like 183 cases or something.

Once they were sorted down to girl scout, I took Harlie's home and sorted those down to each order.  Harlie sold 321 boxes!  But, she had some help (obviously).  We couldn't have done it without my sister and nieces and our troop is so appreciative!  I will say Harlie is hard to say "no" to.  I took Harlie around to our neighbors and I programmed a button in her device to say "Would you like to order some Girl Scout cookies?" Clearly, she sold to everyone she asked.  I mean, who could resist that?





Sorting would have taken WAY longer if it weren't for my niece, Maggie.  She did most of the work!  Thanks Maggie!



We wrote the names and amounts on the bags.  Cooper spent some time just looking at the bags (there were a lot of them!).  Then, while crying, he said, "Mommy, I don't see my name!"  As if I would give him a whole bag full of BOXES of cookies.  Poor kid.  So, Maggie opened a box of hers and gave him a cookie.  That satisfied him.

So, if you ordered cookies from me and haven't heard from me yet - know I'm getting to you soon.

I had a slight setback this weekend when that stupid GI bug going around in this house hit... ME.  Grrr.  Cooper got it Tuesday (last 6 hours total).  Murphy got it Thursday (yep, another 6 hour bug).  Then I got it Sunday - at 2 freaking am.  Really?  And it lasted more than 24 hours.  And I can't begin to tell you how careful I was.  I wore gloves and washed my hands till I barely had any skin left!  I sanitized the bathroom after each and every use.  I never eat or drink after my kids.  I love them, I'm just not a fan of their germs.  And let's face it - they are germy.

So, when I got it - I was bummed.  Especially considering I was supposed to run 12 miles on Sunday with some friends in preparation for this stupid Shamrock Half Marathon next weekend.  Which, I don't even know that I'll be able to run in anyway.  Harlie's pacemaker surgery is turning out to be a bigger ordeal than I originally anticipated.  We're going to be in DC Monday through Thursday (at best).  Not exactly good conditions for getting ready to run 13.1 miles.  I guess I'll just have to see how things go.

Okay, that's it for tonight.  More tomorrow!
Thanks!
~Christy

2 comments:

Kristen said...

It is a darn good thing I don't live in your neighborhood! If Harlie came to my door with her communication device asking me to buy cookies I would have gone broke because I would have bought them all. I keep picturing that and the cuteness is killing me!

Susan said...

Holy crap that's a lot of cookies! I love that you took Harlie out to sell cookies with her AAC. You're amazing!

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...