Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ukrops 10k


The Ukrops 10k was on Saturday. Luckily, it didn't rain. I'm not one of those die-hard runners that will run regardless of the weather. Well, unless I'm doing it with 25,000 other runners. Peer pressure, what do you do? Anyway, my goal was to run it in 60 minutes or less. My time was 58 minutes and 18 seconds. Not bad. That comes out to a 9 minute, 22 second pace. I am very happy with that. I ran it with my friends, Heather and Neal. We had a great time. And hopefully, if Harlie's upcoming heart surgery doesn't keep me confined to the hospital for too long, I'll be able to keep running. I want to think that I'll be able to run while in DC, but I think that might be a lofty goal. It is hard to get downstairs to get food, much less to actually leave the hospital.

Speaking of Harlie's surgery, I'll have more on that in my next post.

Later,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...