Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Harlie says Mama!

While I have a quick second, I thought I would share this video with you. It is a really good one I think, and it makes me very happy. As you might remember, Beth was our speech therapist and we loved her. Her last day with us was February 19th and this video was taken that day. I find that I am getting emotional very easily lately. I'm sure it has everything to do with Harlie's upcoming heart surgery - now just under one month away. So, when I saw this today, it made me choke up a bit. Sometimes when you're in the moment, it is hard to really soak it in. So, Beth, if you're reading this - THANK YOU!!!

Oh, and by the way, Beth is covering Harlie's trach so she can make a clearer sound. The trach makes air bypass the vocal cords, thus no sound is heard. But, if she can't exhale air through the trach (because it is blocked) then air is forced to be exhaled the normal way - past the vocal cords and out the mouth and nose, producing sound.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss Harlie SO much! I'm so glad you posted this video. Her sweet voice is like music to my ears!

Kim said...

Sooo sweet!! I had no idea Harlie was so "verbal" now. You have so much to be proud of with her - she is one of the most amazing persons I've had the pleasure of meeting, and she's only two. :)

Susan said...

Wow! She sounds so great! How cute is she making animal sounds. And how absolutely wonderful to hear Mama.

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...