Friday, September 5, 2008

ENT Appointment

So, we're off to DC for Harlie's ENT appointment. I was kind of hoping that he would downsize her trach, which would hopefully allow more of an air leak, which would hopefully mean that she could successfully wear a PMV (speaking valve). But, I really don't know what to expect, so I'm trying to keep my hopes in check.

He might be nervous to put a smaller trach in when we aren't sure if her jaw reconstruction was successful. Over time, her jaw could continue to recede, making the smaller trach size not such a good idea. So, we'll just have to see.

I'll update on how it went later on tonight (if it's not too late). Have a good day and wish us luck!

Take care,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...