Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Another first...

I hope you all had a nice Memorial Day weekend. Sorry I haven’t updated in a few days. Things have been fairly boring around here (which is wonderful) so there really hasn’t been much for me to say.

Today we had our follow-up appointment with Dr. Lanning (the surgeon who did Harlie’s nissen). That went well. Nothing really to do but check out the incisions (which look great) and see if I had any questions or concerns (which I didn’t). So far, so good. It’s been two weeks now with no vomiting and life is SO much better! She stays in one outfit all day long and we go through WAY less bibs. Laundry is a lot less, which is also great, of course. And getting to an appointment now is way less stressful. It used to be that we were walking out the door and she would throw up all over, and we’d have to stop and change her clothes. Now we just get up and go.

On our way to our appointment at MCV, we stopped at Babies R Us to get some gates for the stairs. Yes, Harlie is a sneaky one and can, in fact, climb stairs all by herself now.

It was the first time I let her walk in a store with her walker. I am not ready to do that with just me and Harlie. It definitely takes two adults to go somewhere with her in the walker. No doubt Harlie will tire out and refuse to walk. There is no way I can carry the diaper bag, suction machine (weighs 10 pounds), Harlie (weighs 21 pounds) and the walker by myself. So, since I had Brandy, and I knew I what I was getting, we thought we’d give it a try.

I think it went great. However, following us was not her priority. She really wanted to explore and see things that she wanted to see. I am hoping that she enjoyed it enough that she’ll actually want to walk more. She had a smile on her face the whole time.

Tomorrow we have speech therapy, and that’s about it. For the next two days, I’ll be running around getting some last minute errands run before next week. Harlie’s surgery is now just 6 days away!!! I can’t believe how fast it is approaching. I am very ready for it to be behind us.

Well, that’s it for tonight. I hope you are all well.

Take care,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...