Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Quick Update

Everything is fine here. Although Harlie had a few rough nights of unusual work of breathing and increased suctioning. Usually we go through the whole night without having to suction.

Then she started this coughing thing.

She has these coughing fits that lead to her retching (so far no vomiting). But retching is not good for her newly placed stitches around her esophagus. Plus, it just looks darn uncomfortable for her! I think the coughing is due to her secretions, so I went on ahead and took her in to see her pediatrician. Usually, I would have made her wait it out a few more days - as there is nothing you can do for a cold. But, with surgery less than 2 weeks away, I played it safe.

He agreed that it wasn't worth the risk of her getting worse. So, he put her antibiotics. Usually, I avoid them unless absolutely necessary, but she hasn't been on them in months, so I was okay with it. I don't want to do anything to jeopordize her jaw surgery. Rescheduling that would be a nightmare and would likely mean a delay of months. So, we're not taking any chances.

I finally uploaded some photos. Well, that's about it for now. Thanks for checking in!

Take care,

No comments: