Friday, May 9, 2008

Fetal Echo Appt.

GREAT news! The baby's heart looks completely normal!!! YAY!! We are so happy and relieved. Dr. Gullquist (Harlie's cardiologist) is wonderful and as he was looking at the screen, he was talking out loud as he saw the heart. I see both ventricles, they look normal, no VSD, no transposition, etc. He answered all my questions before I even asked. And he said that if he were looking at Harlie's heart at this time, he would have seen her defects by now. So, that made me feel better.

So, all looks GREAT! I will go back in six weeks for another look, just to be on the safe side. But we certainly feel great after this appointment. It went exactly the way I hoped it would.

He also mentioned to me that Harlie needs another heart cath this summer. There were some concerns after her last cath in June. He just wants to make sure that all questions are answered and that he isn't missing a window of opportunity if something needs to be addressed. I think we are going to shoot for August. Hopefully her jaw will be unwired by that time, which I think would make me feel a bit better. I mean how much can I put her through in one summer for crying out loud?!

Well, our next ultrasound is Thursday. Along with every other appointment! Next week will be a killer week for us. Hopefully we are on a roll of good things and that everything will work out wonderfully.

Just wanted to share our WONDERFUL news! What a difference to leave a fetal echo with smiles on our faces and hearing "congratulations" on our way out the door!!! Thanks for checking in!

Take care,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...