Thursday, September 3, 2009

Meet the Teacher

Wow. Today we walked down to the elementary school to meet Murphy's Kindergarten teacher. Here we are in our front yard on our way...



School starts on Tuesday. I'm not exactly nervous. I don't know what I am. I really hope he remembers everything I've tried to teach him. Like his manners. And to wash his hands after he goes to the bathroom (and NOT to touch anything in there!) and before snack and lunch. I hope he plays well with others. I hope he eats the lunch I pack him. And I hope he listens when the teacher is talking. Maybe my hopes are too high? Yeah, probably. Oh boy, I hope he doesn't cry. I KNOW I will. Heck, I get all teary eyed just thinking about it. Kindergarten. A whole new world. For all of us.

Harlie was supposed to start at a Montessori preschool on Tuesday as well. But, the school had some renovations done, and it won't be ready to open until the NEXT Tuesday. Which, while I know my dear friend Kim isn't so happy about it (it's her school), I am pretty glad. Maybe that will make her feel better. I am glad that I don't have to send Murphy to Kindergarten and then rush back home to take Harlie to her first day of preschool. Can you say "emotional mess?" Because I'm sure that's what I would be.

Even though Brandy will be with Harlie the whole time, I'm still nervous about all that sending her to preschool brings. Which reminds me, I had someone suggest that I do a "show and tell" about Harlie to her classmates. (Thank you, Katie) In general, I think people (including kids) are less weird about stuff if they have a better understanding. So, maybe answering their questions right up front (without them even having to ask) will make them more comfortable with her. And I need to talk to Kim about that. Oh, I really gotta get go and get some other things done.

Here's what I'm going to blog about soon:

Harlie's nutrition appointment
Harlie's GI appointment
An update on Harlie's spinal surgery

Well, thanks for reading,
Christy

1 comment:

Ann said...

Something is clearly wrong with me, I didn't cry when any of my kids started school. Just don't blink, before you know it, they are off to college :)

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...