Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Here we go again...

So, tomorrow we go to DC for Harlie's anoplasty. I don't know if I said or not, but it is going to be her 7th surgery. The surgery itself is scheduled for 11am on Thursday. But we need to be at the hospital at 4pm on Wednesday.

Although I am looking forward to getting this issue addressed, and crossed off her list, I am not looking forward to being back in the hospital. I absolutely hate the search for a vein for an IV.

They take that blue tourniquet and tie it around each limb, one at a time, searching for the best vein. Then, after searching both arms and legs, they go back to the one that they thought was the best. I feel so bad for the person that is the "best" at this job. Because then they get called for every hard stick. And now that Harlie is getting older, she really looks at the person who is inflicting the pain.

Well, enough of that. Oh, I forgot to tell you that during our car trip up to DC this past weekend, Murphy said, "Daddy, is it partly cloudy?" Clearly, they are learning about the weather at school. It was so funny.

Well, I won't be able to update the site Wednesday night. So, if there's anything to report on, I'll have Tom do it. Then on Thursday, I'll update the site after she goes into surgery. Well, wish us luck!

Thanks and take care,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...