Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Wanda B.

I know some of you have heard me talk about my friend, Wanda Brooks. I worked with her at Mountcastle Homes and CMS. She was an incredible person who had been battling cancer for about 20 years. Sadly, on Monday night she passed away. Even though you could say it was expected, I still can’t believe it. She beat the odds so many times in the past. Despite all the adversity she had faced in her life, she had an incredible sense of humor and good spirit. She was fun loving and she would tell anyone the way it was and what she thought about it.

The last time I saw her was April 30 at the 6 year anniversary party for CMS. Harlie was in the hospital and Tom came to relieve me so I could go. No one told Wanda I was coming so it would be a surprise. I can honestly say that I have never received a greeting like the one I got from her that day. I will never forget it. She was so happy to see me and it was genuine. It made my day. And I can’t tell you how grateful I am to have that memory.

I hate and regret that I let these past 3 months go by without seeing her again. And I am so disappointed in myself. If there is one thing I thought I have learned since having Harlie, it is to not take life for granted. I never know what tomorrow will bring. That is why I take so many pictures. That’s why I have used our camcorder more in the past year than in the past 3. But, somehow, I let 3 months go by. It makes me so sad.

But, I feel grateful and lucky that I knew her. And I will fondly remember her ballsy attitude and contagious laughter always. And I will miss her. I will miss her very, very much.

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...