Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Teeth

Well, Harlie has 3 upper teeth coming in. Two have broken through and the third is right behind. I mentioned before that we were worried that her teeth would come in gray. Well, her bottom teeth are white, so that's great. So, I think it is safe to say that all her teeth will be white. Now, they are crooked, but that was expected. You can't have half a jaw and expect your teeth to be perfect.

Today Harlie's occupational therapist is coming to work on oral feeds. I don't know if I've mentioned it or not - but Harlie does not swallow AT ALL. So, needless to say, between that and cutting teeth, she is a drool monster. Anyway, I'm not expecting much. I've recently attempted swallowing trials and they were not remotely successful. I fully expect a very long road ahead as far as that goes. But, I just tell myself that one day, she will eat by mouth. Until then, I just try to focus on all the positives that tube feeding provides. It is really great when I have to give her meds (especially when there's 5-7 of them!).

Well, I spoke with the coordinator from Children's in DC yesterday. We are all set for the 18th. We have to be there at 9am for an echo, then the profusion study at 11:30 and consultation with the surgeon at 2pm. So, it will be a long day.

Oh, last night when I was putting Harlie to bed, I picked her up and hugged her and I'm not kidding - I think she hugged me back! She put both her arms around my neck. It was so cute! She really is a very funny little baby. Well, time to run. I hope you are all well. Talk to you later!

Take care,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...