Thursday, July 26, 2007

10 Months Old - yesterday

So, Harlie is 10 months old now. The past week has been a rough one for her. Her lungs sound so wheezy - and most times you can hear it without the stethoscope. I tried to let her fight whatever she was coming down with on her own - but she just couldn't do it. So, she's back on antibiotics again. There were a couple of times I thought I was going to have to take her to the ER. But, I know that there's nothing they are going to do there that I'm not already doing at this point. Plus, her O2 sats are good and her respirations aren't unusually high. We just have to get to the 14th. Luckily, the antibiotics appear to be making a difference, and her coughing attacks have lessened.

Because of her tracheomalacia, when she starts coughing, the area of her trachea, below the trach, collapses. So her exhale is super long and her inhale is too short. Makes for a very painful few minutes (for the both of us). But, thankfully, the meds seem to be doing the trick.

Her helmet wearing is going great. Her head is really starting to change. I know we aren't going to be able to completely correct the asymmetry, but we can certainly make it better. So, we are really pleased so far. Thanks for all your support and kind words. As always, they are very much appreciated.

Take care,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...