Thursday, July 12, 2007

Good weight gain!

Well, Murphy woke up in the wee hours of the morning with a fever, feeling and sounding terrible. And Harlie had a bit of a rough night. So, in the morning I called the pediatrician and they told me to come on in right then. Unfortunately, Brandy wasn’t due in until 10, so that meant just me and the kids. But, it really wasn’t that bad. I had Murphy help me by carrying the lightest of the load – her pulse ox monitor (and it’s not that light!). It was so cute to see him helping, trailing behind with the cord. (I have to admit, that it felt really good to be out with both of my kids at the same time.) And when I get there, they practically pull out the red carpet for us. I am really happy that I switched to this doctor. They help me carry all her stuff, take me into a room immediately (they don’t even make me sign in) and then I usually only have to wait 5 minutes or less for her doc. And he really seems glad to see us, and happy to help us. Wow, what a change from what we were dealing with before.

Well, luckily, no ear infections for either, so no antibiotics (whew!). Just a run of the mill virus I suppose. They weighed Harlie and I didn’t believe it. It said 14 pounds even! She was 13.10 a week ago. That’s almost an ounce per DAY! A heck of a lot better than an ounce or two per WEEK! So, we weighed her at home on our baby scale, which so far, has proven to match the doctor’s. And it did indeed say 14.0. I’m very, very happy about that. I guess that proves what a week antibiotic-free does for her. And speaking of her weight, our pediatrician gave me the name and number to the patient advocate person. So, I called her and explained what was going on. She was surprised and said she would look into it immediately. I’m sure the nutritionist didn’t like that – but oh well. (Oh, and Libby “the Enforcer” – thanks for the support, and for making me smile!)

So, the advocate person called back and said that the nutritionist told her that she did receive at least one message (yeah, whatever) and she just hasn’t had the time to sit and do the calculations or call me back. She then said that the nutritionist would do it and call me in the morning. Yeah, I’ll be here, holding my breath. If she does call, I am going to explain to her that Harlie and I have enough battles to fight as it is. She is supposed to be on our side, helping us. Not making me waste a bunch of time and energy that I don’t have trying to get that help! Ugh!

Well, for now, I will just focus on the fact that Harlie gained good weight this week. I will take that as a good sign of things to come. So, that’s it for now. As always, thank you for your support. It really does help.

Take care,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...