Sunday, June 24, 2007

Ortho appointment

Well, we went to Harlie's orthopedic appointment on Friday. I say that because I was SO tempted to cancel it after the ENT experience on Thursday. To be honest, I didn't want to hear anything else bad. But, avoiding doesn't mean it isn't true - so I decided to keep the appointment. I figured that the knowing is better than not knowing and I knew that I would regret it later if we didn't go. So, we went.

When I made the appointment, the nurse told me to come prepared to wait. So, I called ahead and asked if I had to wait, can't we just come later? I told her that Harlie was on oxygen. She said that she would make sure we didn't have to wait. So, we got there about 15 minutes late (not bad by our standards!) and we were OUT THE DOOR IN LESS THAN ONE HOUR!!! Can you believe it? They pushed us right through and I felt like there was a red carpet underneath us.

Harlie had x-rays and the doc told me that yes, she will need surgery to help her - but not now. I said, "well that's a good thing, because I don't think I could work you in." He said that she clearly has more important issues right now. A brace will not help. They will have to fuse her vertebrae together to keep them from bending anymore. We will go back in 6 months. He told me for the time being - don't worry about her back. Wohoo!!! And he said that the helmet is fine and won't hurt her neck and physical therapy is fine, too. So, a bunch of worries off my mind for now. So, that's a good thing. I'm really glad we went. I'm not glad that she will need more surgery, but I knew that already.

This week I take Murphy to the pediatrician for his 3 year check up. Yes, I know. He turned 3 in May. I have one kid I can't keep out of the doctor's office and one I can't get there! Then we have another helmet fitting and a cardiology appointment. Hopefully the DC team will be reviewing all of Harlie's info tomorrow and we will hear soon what the plan is. UGH... the waiting. Hate it.

Okay, well it is late. I hope you are all doing well and I will update you again soon.

Take care,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...