Monday, June 4, 2007

Good things.

On Sunday, my family went out to dinner for a surprise retirement dinner for my mom. It was so wonderful to load up my family of four and go out to eat. It was the FIRST time the four of us have been out to dinner together. Can you believe it? Harlie is 8 months old, and it was the first time!!! It is amazing how something that most people do without even thinking about, is such an accomplishment for us. Of course, there were 18 of us and Murphy was down at the kid’s end of the table, but Harlie was in between Tom and I and, technically, we were out together. So, I think it counts.

I also think it was only the second time the four of us have been in the car at the same time. Once, we dropped Murphy off at school on our way to a doctor’s appointment. But that was a long time ago. Anyway, I am very thankful for those moments. I truly do believe that things are getting better for us. And that is such a good feeling.

Oh, and to further prove that point, I forgot to get the mail on Saturday. So, Sunday night I grabbed it and there was a notice from Dr. Magee’s office (Harlie’s craniofacial plastic surgeon) letting us know that she has an appointment to see him on June 12th!!! Yes, NEXT Tuesday!!! How great is that?!? I had him on my list to call and schedule something – fully prepared to wait months to get her in. And here, the appointment just comes to me. AND, to make it even better, we didn’t have anything already scheduled on that day!!! Seriously folks, the stars are aligned!

While there, we will see Dr. Magee (of course), someone from neurosurgery, and ENT. I am really hoping that Dr. Magee will have a plan for her jaw reconstruction and maybe, just maybe, we can set a tentative date? I guess I won’t get my hopes up that high. But, he did say he could do it after she was cleared by her cardiologists, and she is! So, please, please, keep your fingers crossed that good news is coming our way! I can’t even allow myself to think about life without the trach. When those thoughts enter my mind, I have to shake them away. To be able to hear Harlie laugh, or burp, or whatever, will be better than I could ever describe. Heck, it is so great to hear her play with toys. I LOVE it! I can only imagine how great it will be to actually hear HER!

Well, that’s it for tonight. As always, thanks for checking on us. I hope all is well with you.

Take care,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...