Friday, November 10, 2006

Friday

So we went to see the pediatrician today. I actually feel bad for her (the pediatrician) because she certainly has her work cut out for her with us! I am so glad that her nurse knows so much about trach care, too. Today she gave me a mini-lesson. It is very clear that I definitely need some home nursing care. It would be so nice to ask someone what her noises mean, whether I should suction or not, use saline when I suction, or not, is it normal when she does this or that, etc.

The coordinator is supposed to come to our house on Monday to do an evaluation to see how many hours of home nursing we need. So, we'll see how that goes.

Well, Harlie gained 3 ounces since last Friday. So, that's good. Her doctor increased the volume a bit, so we'll see how she tolerates that. Maybe we'll pass the 6 pound mark by next Friday.

So, a few weeks ago we were having chinese food for dinner. For once I got a good fortune in my cookie, "You will have good luck and overcome many hardships". I thought that was kind of funny. I think it is kind of hard to have good luck AND overcome hardships. Seems to me if you have good luck you shouldn't have to overcome hardships - but I'll take it.

Well, gotta go. Talk to you later,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...