Sunday, November 26, 2006

2 Months Old

Hi Everybody,

I hope you all had a very Happy Thanksgiving. We had a nice time here at home with family. I was very thankful to have my little family all safe and sound at home.

Well, we went to the pediatrician on Friday. It was a big day for Harlie. She got 6 shots!!! After all she's been through, she took it like a champ. I, however, did not handle it as well. She had the normal 4 immunizations, plus a flu shot and RSV shot. Our doctor was very nice and went on ahead and gave all 4 of us flu shots so Tom and I didn't have to go elsewhere.

Oh, Harlie weighed in at 6 pounds, 9 ounces and she is 20.25 inches long. We are so happy to start to see some weight on her. I notice it most in her head and her fingers.

Well, as pretty much expected, Harlie and Murphy had fevers for the next 2 days. Harlie seems to be getting better. But Murphy is getting worse. Just a typical cold, but I am dreading Harlie getting it. Since the trach stops the air flow and secretions from making it to her mouth and nose - everything will have to come through the trach. Basically, it would be like having to breathe through your stopped up nose - and not through your mouth - when you have a cold. So a typical cold for her could be very bad.

Unfortunately, we are really battling the oxygen. We had to go higher than we ever have this weekend. We are hopeful it was because of her fever and that we will be able to wean her back down soon. We had to up her heart medication and reduce her fluid intake a bit to help her heart not work so hard. Luckily, we have an appointment to see the pulmonologist on Tuesday. Hopefully he will be able to shed some light on what we can expect in the near future.

On the positive side, we have a nurse starting tomorrow! She came over on Wednesday night to meet us. She seems nice, but it is absolutely TERRIFIYING to leave our special little girl with a complete stranger. The nurse will be here 3 days a week and 2 nights a week. I will admit that as terrified as I am, I am really looking forward to getting a break. I am actually looking forward to cleaning the upstairs, doing laundry and being able to freely roam around the house! (because of Harlie's equipment she has to stay in one place and I always have to be very close by).

In time, I am hopeful I will be able to run some errands and maybe do some things with Murphy outside the house. Well, it's time to feed Harlie.

Take care and talk to you soon,

Love,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...