Thursday, November 9, 2006

Eye Appt.

Well, we went to see the eye doctor today. Overall I think it went well. Unfortunately, we won't be able to do anything to repair her eye till she's at least 6 months old. But, at least now I understand why. And that makes it easier for me to accept.

Her eye lid problems are pretty complicated. We have to see exactly what her muscle ability is before they go and do any kind of surgery. The obvious fix could possibly damage her vision - and it just isn't worth the risk. The good news is that her eye anatomy appears to be good, so it is assumed that she can see fine. So, she will be monitored monthly until surgery.

Well, we are still battling the oxygen thing. She seems to do well off of it for 12 to 16 hours, and then she needs it again. I guess this will be a longer deal than I thought. We will see a doctor about that at the end of the month. Just more stuff to learn I guess.

We see her pediatrician again tomorrow morning. I am very anxious to see how much she weighs. She is such a string bean right now! She really needs to get some fat on those skinny cheeks! Well, I think that's it for today.

I hope you are all well. I don't know if I've said it before - but thank you for all the kind words you have posted in our guestbook. I just can't tell you how much it has meant to us.

Love,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...