Wednesday, April 29, 2009

We have an appointment.

Wow. So much to blog, so little time. I'll just start with a little one.

Pulmonary Appointment Update

So, when I originally called to get Harlie an appointment (and they told me that July was the next available appointment) I left a message for her doctor to call me back. I gave him two days, but didn't hear from him. In the mean time, Harlie's pediatrician was calling the head of the department. On Monday, I tried calling the doctor again. I got a nice person who confirmed that the next available appointment wasn't until July. I asked her how in the world that could be? What about sick appointments? She said that they are telling patients to go to their.... PEDIATRICIAN!!! For real? Seriously? Who came first? The chicken or the egg? Great. Now I'm confused.

So, I laughed out loud. Really. I asked her for the doctor's e-mail address, which she kindly gave me. Hung up and cranked out a nice e-mail, kindly asking for her doc's help. And that is for real - it was nice. I promise. I find that you catch more flies with honey...

Well, he promptly responded. And we now have an appointment to see him on May 11th. I suppose they only give "sick" appointments to the ones who raise a stink. In his defense (because I like him) they lost two docs (well, a nurse practitioner and a doc) just recently. So instead of having four people to see, there are only two now. And one doesn't count in my book, because I wouldn't see him - period. So I'm sure he's working his butt off.

Whew! Glad that's over. Now on to the next thing...

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you got her an appointment. The poor doctor. Having the number of patients you see double can't be easy. There must be a lot of angry parents.

Tracy said...

Glad to hear that you got your appointment. Pediatrician? Are they kidding. A ped wouldn't know the first thing about pulmo stuff. Ours is just good for well baby visits, shots and typical kid illness stuff and nothing more.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/margaretreed1

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...