Thursday, April 16, 2009

Ronald McDonald House

We arrived at the Ronald McDonald House (RMH) last night shortly after 8pm. At first, Harlie was a little intimidated and didn't want me to put her down. I'm thinking the big giant gorilla next to the check in area had something to do with it.



Then we walked through a few hallways lined with many, many toys (the picture doesn't do it justice) on our way to our assigned room.

They aren't very busy right now and we got a whole wing to ourselves, which rocks. As of right now, we don't even have to share the bathroom. Woohoo!

As soon as we got to our room and I put her down, she made a beeline back to the toys, signing "play" the whole way there. She got a power nap on the way to DC so she was charged and ready to go! Unfortunately there are a LOT of stairs to get into the RMH, so Tom got quite the workout unloading the car. You really have no idea (well, some of you do) how much stuff we have to take with us when Harlie has to sleep out of our home. Crazy!

Anyway, once I gave her a little while to walk around and get comfortable (she ended up going up to the gorilla and pointing and signing "gorilla", so she was fine after that) and play it was challenging to get her to stay in the room. But it was late and she needed her breathing treatment and sleep for an early morning and big day ahead.

As you can see, it didn't take long for her to get comfortable...


And I had nothing to do with that pose. She did that all on her own. She cracks me up.

Our room is right next to the one we had right after she was born. It is so awesome to see Harlie walking the halls where we were postpartum. I remember so much about that time and what a difference to have her with us! We are so much happier!


Well, we must get ready to go to the hospital. We have a very long day ahead of us. I will try to update the blog as I can.


Thank you for all your support!
~Christy

3 comments:

Kim said...

Good luck today. Hugs, prayers, energy, mojo, the whole nine yards sent your way.

Heather Lewis said...

she is so funny. always able to find the silver lining. we could really learn something from her. hoping all goes well today and ditto everything Kim said.

Rene said...

What a cutie, as always! Love the pose. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers today. I'm so happy that being at the RMH has started your time there with good memories and positive vibes.

Heart Hugs!
Rene

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...