Monday, August 18, 2008

Heart Cath Tomorrow

Harlie's third heart cath is tomorrow at MCV. I am not nervous at all. In fact, I am very hopeful that we will hear good news when it is done.

I know, last year's news wasn't that great. (You can read about that here if you have time on your hands.) But, that was BEFORE her lung surgery. We are all hopeful that her improved lung situation has helped her cardiac situation. We know it's improved because she is off oxygen and maintaining good sats (mid to high 80's). Which, we couldn't achieve prior to her lobectomies. So, it's safe to say that her one remaining lobe on her right side must be growing and is, so far, able to handle her oxygen requirements.

So, I'll let you know how it went tomorrow night.

I have to share a Murphy story before I go. The other night we were coming home from a friend's house and it was late. Tom was telling Murphy what we were going to do when we got home. Here is their conversation:

Tom: "Yes, you can have a drink of water, then I'll put cream on your pee pee, then it's night-night." (Murphy hates us putting cream on it because he's still pretty sore from his surgery last week).

Murphy: "No!"

Tom: "I have to Murphy. Remember that Dr. Lanning said that the cream will help your pee pee get better."

Murphy: "I didn't hear him say that." (Said with a very skeptical tone of voice.)

I guess our time of "tricking" him is running out. He is getting too smart.

Take care,
Christy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you two ever doubt that Murphy is a "smart kid"? Shame on you if you did!!!

Good Luck Harlie...Grandma and Pap Pap will be saying lots of prayers for you.

Kim said...

Good luck, and here's hoping for a report better than you can hope for! Hang in there, Ms. Harlie. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...