Monday, June 16, 2008

Quick Update

I can officially say that Harlie is back to her cheery old self. YAY! Her bruising is almost all gone now. Although, unfortunately the swelling is still very much there. The incisions under her jaw are still red and bruised. I wasn’t so sure how to interpret them on Friday, so we took her to her pediatrician, just to be on the safe side. He poked at them and said they were fine and I could discontinue the wound care. Woohoo! So, Friday night she got a bath and I got to wash ALL her hair. It took a few days to get all the traces of the bacitracin out. So, no more greasy hair for my babe! And her head incision looks great and the hair is already growing out a lot from where they shaved it.

This weekend she finally started walking more. It really does make such a difference in my spirit when she is more her happy self.

On Thursday night I went to dinner with a group of moms who all have special needs children. My speech therapist put me in touch with them. We met at a Mexican restaurant and about 15 minutes after sitting down, a Mariachi band started playing. They went to every single table and played their trumpets and guitars. Let me just say this was not very conducive to getting to know one another. But it felt really nice to be in a group of people where I wasn’t the only one with a special situation.

Well, I will have to make this one a short one. I will post some more photos tonight. Today is Murphy’s first day of summer program (he’ll only go three days a week) and he gets swimming lessons and I don’t want him to be late.

Thanks for checking in!

Take care,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...