Wednesday, June 18, 2008

New pics

Just a quick one to let you know that I finally uploaded some more photos. My favorite one so far is the last one. I can't believe how incredibly different she looks than before. And I can't help but wonder how much more she'll change. What will she look like three months from now? Or a year from now? What will she look like after eye surgery, and then after she gets an ear?! Holy Cow! It is so strange to think about.

Oh, today felt a lot more normal. Brandy had the day off, so I took Harlie with me to take and pick up Murphy from school. This was her first trip there since the surgery. It has gotten to be somewhat of a treat to go with her. She loves seeing the kids and they seem to get a real kick out of seeing her. Of course they asked me what was up with her head. Um, she had a craniotomy? I mean, what do you say to that??? I just said that she had an operation. Oh well.

We have started to move some of the bedrooms around. We are moving Murphy into the guest room and will make Murphy's old room the nursery for the new baby. Murphy is going to love having a bigger room. Now that the baby will be here in just three months, we figured we should go on ahead and start getting ready.

Oh, one other thing - tonight as we were getting the kids ready for bed, Harlie was on the floor looking at a book. Well, Murphy grabbed another book (Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed) and sat next to her and read it to her. She just sat there looking at him, and the book. It was SO adorable!!! It's those little moments that make everything hard, SO worth it.

Well, that's it for tonight. I hope you like the new, bruise-free Harlie. I suppose that right when I get used to her underbite, they will take it away and I'll have to get used to her whole new look all over again. But, if she can handle it, I can, too. Her personality is so perfect for her life. We just couldn't be luckier.

Take care,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...