Sunday, February 4, 2007

Feeling better

Well the CT scans went well I think. I have to admit that the anesthesiologist made me a little nervous. He was an out-loud thinker. That doesn’t exactly instill a lot of confidence when you hear it. But luckily, she was so good. I laid her on the table and they put the lead blankets on her. She didn’t move at all. She was wide awake just looking around with her eyes. When I left the room they were going to try to take some pictures without giving her anything at all (since she was being so still). After it was over they said that they barely sedated her – so no anesthesia after all. When we went to the PACU to get her she was wide awake and ready to go.

I have to say that the medical staff everywhere we go seems to really love her. I’m not sure if they gather around to see her because she’s different or what. But they tell me that she is so good and they just can’t believe how tolerant she is. I guess she really doesn’t know any different.

Anyway, we just have to wait until the 13th to find out the results. The shot of Rocephin that she got on Thursday made a world of difference. She is feeling so much better! And the physical therapist brought over one of those Bumbo seats – I put her in it about twice a day for a few minutes at a time. Already I can see a big difference in her head and neck strength.

This week she has appointments with her eye doctor and surgeon, pediatrician and occupational and physical therapists. We might be meeting a nurse, but I am not holding my breath. Well, that’s it for today. I hope you are all well.

As always, thanks for all your support!
-Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...