Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Eye Update

We had an appointment with her eye doctor and surgeon yesterday. They said that her eye looks really good. They couldn’t believe how well she is closing it. They both admitted that they didn’t expect that kind of improvement in such a short time. Since she’s able to blink and close it pretty well when she’s sleeping, the urgency to fix it is gone. So, they both agreed that it would be best to wait till she’s 3-5 years old before they repair her eye. If they had told me that 3 months ago – I couldn’t have handled it. But I’m okay with it now, I think. The longer they let her grow, the better the repair will look.

I can’t believe how far I’ve come. And in just 4 months. I wanted them to fix her eye immediately! It was so frustrating that no one seemed to understand why. But now I believe that she is going to continue to grow and change – for the better. I didn’t know that 3 months ago. With all of her issues – it has been impossible for me to look ahead into the future. I just take it day by day, week by week. And now, she’s 4 months old and she’s cute and absolutely adorable! Her eye doesn’t need to be repaired to see that. So, if it is best for her in the long run to wait, then so be it.

Well, in just a little while we go back to the pediatrician. I am anxious to see how much she weighs this week. So, I have to run. Talk to you later.

Thanks,
Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...