Monday, June 20, 2011

It's that time of year again...

Marathon training has officially begun.  Well, like three weeks ago.  That's how behind I am in blogging.  I can't believe how busy my days have been - and things are only going to get worse!  We have a very busy summer scheduled.  But I am hopeful that our hard work this summer will pay off with major progress!!  Only time will tell.

So, back on June 4th - we officially started training for the Richmond Marathon (in November).

Me, Heather, Allison, Niki, and Lauren
Our group is missing a few girls from last year (Anna, Mary Curtis and Kat).  Kat is expecting a baby (congratulations to her!) and Anna and Mary Curtis couldn't be there that Saturday.  Plus, some of the girls are going to train with a different team (moving up to intermediate training vs. novice).  Some of us ran with the intermediate team this past Saturday and did 8 miles.  The intermediate team logs way more miles than novice, and I just can't squeeze anymore miles in.  So, I'm sticking with novice again this year.  Plus, running with the novice group allows for a lot more socializing, which is a MUST for me.  So, it will be an interesting training season with our group split up.

I must say that I am very happy to have the focus of training again.  It feels good.  I am going to try something different this year.  I am going to replace some running miles with strength training.  I'm hoping that will help keep me injury free this year.  We'll see how it works out...

Okay, that's it for this subject.  I think I might try to write another blog post.

Thanks!
~Christy

1 comment:

Susan said...

You're doing it again? I'm amazed. Hope the strength training keeps you injury free.

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...