Sunday, January 2, 2011

Thank you!

Before I write anything else, I want to thank an anonymous gifter.  I'll call her/him Santa Claus.

Santa Claus sent us a very, very generous and thoughtful gift for Christmas.  And I have no way of saying thank you, other than through this blog.

Ever since Harlie was born, I have had a difficult time writing thank you notes.  I have been overwhelmed by the love, support and incredible kindness and generosity shown to us by those we love and those we've never met.  Whether it was a meal, a card, a gift, a $5 donation or $500 donation - I am still amazed that people care enough to sacrifice their time and hard earned money for us and our sweet girl.  It's the act of pure kindness that makes the biggest difference to me.  When I'm having a particularly lonely-in-my-life kind of hard day - I think about all the people that have supported us in whatever way they could - and I don't feel as lonely anymore.

How do you thank someone for that?  How do I write something that truly expresses my sincere appreciation?  It seems an impossible task.

So, thank you very much Santa Claus, for the very kind letter and absolutely wonderful, generous gift!
~Christy

1 comment:

Just Diane said...

That is awesome! There really are good people out there. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...