Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Murphy!

Today was Murphy's 6th birthday. So hard to believe. Where has the time gone?

Tom made him breakfast in bed. Waffles, blueberries, whipped cream, and bacon. Yum! Murphy got such a kick out of it.

Then, Tom and I went to his school to have lunch with him. It was the first time that I've been able to do that. At first I didn't think I was going to be able to, since we had the Feeding Clinic appointment earlier that morning. We were so lucky to be able to get in and out of there, and then Brandy called Transportation to have the bus come to the house to pick Harlie up for school. Since we had that appointment, I usually just drop them off at school. But, there was no way I was going to make it in time for lunch if I had to do that. And we made it home just five minutes before the bus got there. It was perfect timing all around!









It is a challenge to be a mom of an elementary school student. Well, at least it is for me. There are so many little things to remember. Like bringing treats for his classmates at lunch today. I'm just not good at that kind of stuff. I also never sent anything for the birthday board. Ugh. He hasn't said anything, so I hope he doesn't even know.

We had his birthday party on Saturday. It was at a local park with a playground. We had a great turnout and I know he had a great time.

I want to show you some early pics of Murphy. So, those will be next...

Thanks,
Christy

1 comment:

Just Diane said...

Aw, Happy birthday to Murphy!! So glad you got to go have lunch with him.

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...