Tuesday, December 26, 2006

3 months old

Well, we had to go to the pediatrician today. Harlie hasn’t been feeling well since Saturday. She had way more secretions than ever before so we were constantly suctioning her (which makes for a very long day – and night!) Luckily our night nurse is great. She is the one that works at my pediatrician’s office. She offered to come over Christmas night to stay with Harlie so we could get some sleep. After spending all night watching her, she suggested we take her in just to be sure. They cultured her secretions, so we’ll see what comes back. I’m hoping for nothing since I think she’s improved a lot since Saturday. Well, we had to let our day nurse go on Friday. That just wasn’t working out. So, for now we only have our night nurse. Hopefully the agency will send someone soon. Oh, Harlie weighed in at 8 pounds 1 ounce. We are really happy with that because that is 5 ounces in 5 days! And after struggling a little bit this weekend, we increased her intake again. I think because she didn’t feel good this weekend, it took her a couple of days to get adjusted to the increased amount. But it looks like she’s adjusted now, so that’s good. It is so great to see the weight on her. I have been so focused on her medical care that it was hard for me to see the “baby” in her. But I think I’m getting better at seeing her in a different light now, which I am loving. We added some new pictures so you can see the changes in her, too. I hope you like them. Well, I hope you all had a great Christmas. We had my family over and it was really nice to have all that craziness in our home – in a good way, I mean! It made me realize that although Harlie hasn’t been the luckiest baby in town, she sure was lucky to be born into this family of ours. Everyone loves her just the way she is. Okay, talk to you soon! -Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...