Wednesday, December 13, 2006

First PT appt.

Today we had the Early Intervention Program appointment. A physical therapist, occupational therapist and coordinator came over to evaluate Harlie. After a thorough evaluation, it seems that she is in the 25th percentile as far as her development goes. I was actually pleased with that. Considering she was sedated for the first 3-4 weeks of her life and didn’t get to be held on a regular basis until she was 6 weeks old – I think that’s pretty good.

They put her on her belly for the first time. I was too scared to do it on my own. But, as it turns out, she did really well. They showed me some tricks to make it easier on her with the trach. They are going to come once a week and teach me new exercises to do with her to help her along.

Tomorrow is another pediatrician appointment. We are really hoping that the continuous feeds and Zantac have helped her to gain some substantial weight. They want her to gain an ounce a day. So we’re shooting for 7.8. We’ll see….Well, time to go.

Thanks for checking in. I hope all’s well.
-Christy

No comments:

Heart Update

Hi. Here's another thing that's been on my mind - Harlie's heart. l think I'm just going to think out loud and hopefully it&...